Tuesday 10 May 2011

Coopers Dark Ale


Okay. My second kit was a Coopers Dark Ale. It is a mid-range kit that I seen good reviews for, so I thought I would give it a whirl. Again, its another 40 pint kit, that you need to add 1kg of sugar too.

Muntons Beerkit Enhancer
This time I decided to use a beer kit enhancer from Muntons to give it more body, as my last brew seemed quite watery. I also only topped up the FV to 21 liters to help with the body.

Like last time, after sanitizing my equipment, I got down to business

Brew Date:  Monday 14th March. 7-8pm
OG: 1040
Pitching Temp: 22C
Yeast: 7g Coopers Yeast

Start of blow out


I heard this beer was a real 'goer' but I wasn't expecting a blowout that lasted near 12 hours. I reckon I lost about a pint in foam. :(







Ive can't remember, when I bottled this or what the final gravity was, but again it was kept in the hot press for about a week then moved to the roofspace for about 3 weeks before I started drinking. As with all homebrew, it tastes better over time, so next brew I will try to leave it for at least a month before drinking



No comments:

Post a Comment